Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2008 CL 63 and I have whining noise coming from the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 CL 63 and I have whining noise coming from the engine following the RPMs up and down , sounds like the turbo ?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Does the noise change when steering the wheel ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I said it mirrors the RPMs no noise when turning the wheel it's not my power steering pump !

Wow. Please I am trying to help. I know what is wrong. Would you rather me not be 100% sure I am telling you the correct answer ? Man I am only trying to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K sorry man !
The issue is the hydraulic dampener. It's located in the top of the power steering pump / abc suspension pump. It is a dual pump. The gas in the ball ruptured So now you feel the fluid while from the suspension. Get that ball changed and you will be good to go. Hope this information helps. It is very common and there have been bulletins about it. I have done at least 20 of them myself. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Again I am here to help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

You did a great job in explaining but you can get the same result from a power steering issue. So I wanted to be sure before I answered. Lou

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
estimated cost to repair ?

Under 1200$ I don't have the exact. But I know it was not Terribly expensive. Labor was more than the part If remember.

And even if I gave you my dealer price that does not mean your dealer would charge the same.