Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a problem with my 2003 s600 i went on bacation

Customer Question

i have a problem with my 2003 s600 i went on bacation for 2 mounths n i disconected the batery n when i gatback now it doesnot start the keydoesnot work
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the key will not turn in the ignition the possibilities are either a bad key or a weak battery or poor battery cable connections or a bad electronic ignition switch. The first thing to do is make sure that your battery is fully charged and that your cable connections are good. If you have a spare key you should try that next. You can also try leaving the key in the ignition for 30 minutes then remove it and retry the key. If you have no luck you may need to replace the electronic ignition switch or the key. Further testing will need to be done using the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty