Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Marty,How far down do you drill back trunk cylinder to

Customer Question

Hi Marty,How far down do you drill back trunk cylinder to repair O ring leaking fluid?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you explain a little more about what you have going on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lou, I have a 2000,230 slk. I want to repair my back trunk lift cylinders. I have purched a O ring kit to repair the leaking hydraulic cyl. How do I open the cyl to replace the O rings. Thank you. Need instructions.

Oh ok. Let me see if I can find some. I did see a video on how to repair recently

Sorry I could not find it yet. May I have some time to find it ? If you are in a hurry I will it opt out so another expert can help. You let me know I will try and find some instructions for you. Can you upload pictures of you strut so I can see which one exactly and also maybe I can tell you by seeing the struts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Added picture.
Ok thanks I will check for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!

No problem !

Here is A link. The guy explains how to disassemble the strut. The first two big paragraphs talk about the struts at the windshield and then there is a space where he then talks about how to rebuild the trunk struts. Hope this information helps. I'll still try to find a video but the videos I seem are not of the same strut. Hope this information helps.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1463987-rebuilding-convertible-top-cylinders.html#/forumsite/20548/topics/1463987

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A video would be wonderful. Thank you!

I am trying man I am lol. Have you looked Over the link I sent ?