Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Rob, I have a 2012 ML 350 Diesel. A few days ago the Comand

Customer Question

Hi Rob,
I have a 2012 ML 350 Diesel. A few days ago the Comand system froze and nothing works - Bluetooth, camera, gps and the system just randomly shuts off every couple of minutes. The dealership said that they don't know what the problem is but it will have to be replaced for $6,000.00! To add insult to injury I'm 5000 miles over the 50,000 mile warranty and my lease is up 3/16. Another interesting note is that the car has had a few electrical problems previously: blinkers stopped working, electronic steering wheel randomly stops working & phone charger in center console doesn't work. Do you think there is a connection? Any help is much appreciated!
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Hey rob I was about to turn in for the night but wanted to reach out and say tomorrow I will check back and see if I can help get you going and get you some info on your issues. Have a good night. Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning - I was asked to rate your service but I haven't received an answer yet.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thanks!
Bobbie Sue

Yes not sure why it asked that already , if you can tell me the CURRENT issues with your ML I can see if I can help remedy them for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you scroll up, my question is there. I sent it Friday night.
Thanks!

Ok I read all the issues. But are they all still happening ?

For the radio , a software update is usually the fix , did the shop try that before guessing that it needs a radio ? How often does the radio shut off on you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are still happening and turns off/on every two minutes. The dealership said that they tried to do a software update but they couldn't even make a connection.

ok , well if that was the case then I too would also assume the radio needs to be replaced. However I will check to see what fuse you can pull to see if it will reset it and we may get lucky. Also keep in mind that a radio is not one of the things they check when a lease is turned in :)

They mainly check for warning lights on the dash and tire tread and brakes and physical appearance of the car.

I will also check for the fuse for your power socket. I know it's in the rear fuse box on the right side of the trunk but I'll get you the location.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I turn in my car I won't be charged for the non-working Command system? Nothing on it works - Bluetooth, gps, back up camera & radio. Thanks for your help.

Well when you turn in your car it goes to the sales lot that you then the car into. They have first choice to purchase it and is up to them to offer you money if you choose not to sell it to them they usually take it to a auction so as long as it looks good and starts up and no warnings on the dash and the tires look good and the paint and interior then they usually over look everything else. The lease turn in description actually sounds a lot harsher that it really is :)

They don't even road test these things.

So there is no need for you to spend that kind of money for a radio that you will not own.

I will get back With you on the power outlet. Also does the the signals still not work ?

Fuse 46 in the trunk fuse box is the fuse for the charger / lighter socket.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5a061vcp5favgp7
Copy and paste that it is a photo of the rear fuse box. Ignore the red square.