Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 1999 Mercedes Benz SL500. The alarm indicating that

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Mercedes Benz SL500. The alarm indicating that the removable roof is not latched keeps going off intermittently even though the roof is in fact locked down. How do I disable the alarm and flashing light on the console? Is there a fuse that I can remove to accomplish this?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. If you pull fuse number 4 in the fuse box in the trunk it will disable the soft top control module which in turn should stop the warnings of the top switch. Let me know. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.