Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have an ML500 2002 model benz truck. The following fault

Customer Question

I have an ML500 2002 model benz truck. The following fault code always reapear after eranding them with my Lunch scsnning tools. p0199,P0400, C1401,C1140,C1025,P2600,P2602 and C1120. What can do to this fault code.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Ok for the fault codes starting with "P" you have a bad egr and clogged egr pipe.

You also have a wiring issue with the water pump that is located near the battery side of the engine bay. It's a electric water pump and the wiring may be damaged or the pump unplugged.

For the codes that start with "C"

If your steering wheel is crooked while you are driving then that is why the codes are coming up. If the wheel is not crooked then you need to change the steering angle sensor behind the steering wheel at the bottom of the steering column. The only way to change is to replace the whole steering column. Also there is a sensor called a YAW rate sensor located under the center console that has failed but again , if your steering wheel is crooked then the fault codes will remain. One last C code is for the abs pump located under the washer fluid tank on the drivers side of the engine bay. The pump may be faulty or the fuse or relay going to the pump. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i change the steering rack and since then my steering has not been straight. i did the anlightment and the wheel balancing but yet the problem is still there. what can i do.

Ok on the rack where the column goes there is a alignment mark to find the center position. There is a plastic cap that matches a mark on the rack and pinion, you should take for a alignment so they can match up the marks with the steering wheel. Also the sensor at the bottom of the steering wheel has to be within 5.0 degrees of center and without a scan tool it's hard to know if the sensor is correct. But if it was fine before the rack was replaced then it should be easy to fix. Let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what you told me will look into by tomm. MONDAY. But this code p1999 also comesup when driving. what is the cause and how to eliminate it. if i eranse it, it go but after driving some distance it cimes up again.
Ok I will check for you

Hold on p1999 or the p0199 I want to be clear

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p1999
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is p1999

Ok the p1999 is not a concern until you fix the other codes. That load limit code means that the engine could not add any more fuel or air. And is usually not a concern. It always follows the other fault codes.