Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2013 s550 with sport package. i would like a little

Customer Question

i have a 2013 s550 with amy sport package. i would like a little more thump from it and was thinking of removing the 2 resignators . i think they are in the middle of system aprx 17 inches long 7 inches oval. what can i expect from this i also want to do intake and mod the ecu. any advise would be appreciated .thank you
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone is xxx xxx xxxx
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
If by thump, you mean a louder deeper bass tone, removing the resonators will not do this. It will be louder, but more along the lines of loud bee sound like you hear from some of the hondas kids drive with no muffler.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't even believe I paid to get an answer line that. If you read the question you can see I'm looking for some advise on what I plan to do. How about the intake or the ecu or maybe some input from your expert opinion like maybe x pipe or some type of helpful advise besides it will sound hi tone like a kids Honda. I'm sorry very unprofessional. I paid for this I can get more info calling online dealers. Definatly considering canceling this service . It almost seems like a scam to me , 1st the add says get response within minutes it took almost 2 days. And I can't even believe the answer I got. Did you read my question do you have any real interest in helping or just shoot a 2 second reply at my , sorry but very unsatisfied , maybe if you read my question an took interest you would have couple ideas what I can do.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
If you wish to continue I will try to help. If not you can get a no hassle refund by following the customer service links. Let me know if and how you want to proceed. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lou , thanks for you concern.However you sen like a guy who probably know his stuff,but heres my problem.I already paid what like almost 30 dollars to join and we both see where that got me. Its obvious that was a ridiculous answer i mean really sound like a honda,LOL. Anybody with a 5th grade education can understand where I'm getting at with that question. Very basic ecu upgrade from Renntech ,new intake filters and add x pipe to remove res. Thats it plain and simple. As an expert what is your opinion what can i expect .I have bunch of people i can contact or even test drive the car and see first hand the differences, but i chose to try this site get a little education. I mean we are not talking rocket science. So now here I am 3 days later when add said 10 mins and still no answer plus a request for something that is going to cost more money. I am a retired nycv detective ,I got hurt at 911 and retired early .Basically what I'm saying is the world is not a bad place ,besides guys i know that had this stuff done i could call a number of benz dealers and ask these simple 3 questions.So nothing personal against you but before i unhappily cancel this scam of a membership and yes at this point that is what it seems like, a money pit just to get an answer to a question.Would you like to go back to being a regular guy before you became a salesman and let me know what you think of those mods to my car and what i can expect. I've seen you tube videos and the exhaust sounds where not tinny like a honda . should i remove a set of mufflers instead or are res good enough. will renntech make a big difference, and what air intakes do you know of also will that make a difference or even just putting KandN filters. Sorry theses seem like easy basic questions to a pro like you i can read just fine and don't see a need to cost more money. Again not directed toward you personally but very disappointed in this site so far .IM sure you agree if you think back before you had the job. By the way i wouldn't be as upset if i had gotten a better answer the first time but after reading it again its actually insulting. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From Louis xxxxx , I submitted a question and forgot to request Lou P. Please see that he gets it . Thank you
the best I can say from my experience is to try renntech. I have driven some of there modified cars and OMG. Much better. I would not go cutting and modifying exhaust as these cars will run differently and not necessarily in a good way. I have seen too many botched surgeries on the exhaust so to say. Other than suggesting a big name company like renntech I don't think myself or another expert will be able to assist with this for you. Now I hope you do not give up on us as if you need car advice please try us again. And if the first answer you get is not acceptable let the expert know you wish to speak to another. I can't say we all have great customer service skills but there are a majority of us that do try and do care. I wish you the best. Lou