Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I had my friny right headlamp replace CD after a fender

Customer Question

I had my friny right headlamp replace CD after a fender bender and the lights still will not turn on fully?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. I'm assuming your talking about a light bulb on the outer fender ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My headlamp is the right passenger side in the front of vehicle. I was talking about the entire headlamp. I tlloks like they did not take the computer chip off the old broken headlamp. Is it a 5" by 4" approximately rectangle metal component that holds the chip attached to the headlamp?
The unit that mounts to the bottom of the headlamp? That is the control unit yes. Is yours missing ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No , I thank God I asked for the broken parts back. I see a control unit attached to the back of the old headlamp and they mechanic did not replace it on the new headlamp. I will give it back to them tomorrow. I feel uncomfortable to taking it back to them, because today they took apart the headlamp assembly and they did not even know what was wrong until I told them what mercers had stated. Then when they did not have the part they put the new headlamp back in the car and the hood no longer closed properly and the mechanic did not even bother to try and fix it. I feel that they have been paid in full and they do not care about repairing it correctly. I also was hit with a 30% more posts on parts the were supposedly included in the original repair estimate. The paint job does not match. And they are a professional paint ship. They have offered to repaint the vehicle. I am hesitant to take it back there to their location , because of the ill will that it has caused. And the lack of follow through on the car. What would you do?
thank you Rebecca
Oh wow sorry about this Rebecca. What is the name of the shop ?