Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Greetings, Recently purchased a 2010 C300 Sport with 60k

Customer Question

Greetings,
Recently purchased a 2010 C300 Sport with 60k miles.
Noticed a high pitched whinging sound upon cold start that dissapates after 30 to 60 seconds and then runs smooth as silk. I always wait for it to calm down before putting it into gear to be safe. The car drives beautifully and quietly after the brief warmup. Any concerns or suggestions???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. I have a test for you to try , but first a question. Have you had any work done recently ? Like air filters or oil changed?
Does the noise only happen when the car is started cold ? Does the whine come and go after a few seconds of running ? Does the noise change when the steering wheel is turned left and right ? I know it's a lot of questions but all the answers will tell me ALOT of information on where to lead you. Lou