Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

I have installed a power inverter with an auxillary battery

Customer Question

I have installed a power inverter with an auxillary battery bank in
My 2012 Mercedes Sprinter. I used a battery seperator between the auxillary battery bank and the main battery bank. After connecting all the cables the abs, esp, and the tire symbol are lit now. I have run a code scanner and there are no codes present.
What could be causing these lights to remain on? Everything was fine until we installed the power inverter and aux. battery bank.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

What type of scanner did you use on the vehicle please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure of type. Just a cheap obd 2 from autozone
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you have codes in the system but you need to go further than the OBD side of the vehicle. It will require a more powerful Euro scanner that can access all modules. You may have just set a spurious code due to voltage fluctuations in the ABS module, but until you get it properly scanned we are just guessing.