Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 1992 Mercedes 400E. The car starts fine when cold

Customer Question

I have a 1992 Mercedes 400E. The car starts fine when cold however if I shut if off and try to start it 10 minutes later it stalls. I have to rev the engine for a few minutes to get it going then it is fine. The engine has all new wiring including plug wires and distributor. Can you assist me?
Thank you.
Joe
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joe, sorry for the wait. My name is***** the car starts cold and runs fine until you turn it off and then won't restart and run well until it cools down I would suggest a fuel pressure test to see if the fuel pressure is dropping as soon as you turn the motor off. If the fuel system doesn't hold pressure for 30 minutes after turning the motor off it will vapor lock and you will have this problem. Common causes of loss of fuel system rest pressure would be a bad fuel pump check valve or fuel pressure regulator or leaky injectors.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty