Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Not tried this before, but here goes: My Aircon does not

Customer Question

Not tried this before, but here goes: My Aircon does not work. Car had a O/S/F impact in April that was repaired and Aircon does not now work - no gas. Had the system recharged and fault codes reset but Aircon still not work and code B1059 Fault in CAN Communication with Driver Side SAM = P keeps coming back.
Q: what is the actual fault and how do I fix it?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Thanks for requesting me. I am a real person and will do my best to help. What kind of scan tool are you using ? Can you explain "O/S/F"?
Also is the EC button on the ac unit lit up red?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.
The Independent Garage did the scanning - no idea what Tech System they used.
O/S/F = Off-Side Front
When I press the Aircon Button, it does light up and stay lit but I am colour blind - no idea what colour.
OK that is OK there's only one color so if it's lit up that tells me a lot , when the AC control module is turned on and AC is requested a signal is sent over to the front Sam Sam is what activates the AC compressor , i'm willing to bet that the AC control module is not the only module that has a communication phone with the Sam , when you say offside does that mean the side opposite of the driver ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi and sorry, but I thought that Off-Side Front/Rear was standard terminology ... for a RHD (Right Hand Drive) Off-Side Front is Off-Side Kerb, ie, Drivers Side.
My Front O/S Wing and Front Bumper (on the O/S/F Corner) were dented and the O/S/F Suspension was damaged/snapped off. As the roof was down at the time, the Anti-Roll Bar activated and needed to be reset by the Recovery Firm before it would retract. That was the only damage to the car. After getting the car back 3 months later, the Aircon did not work and you are aware of what I have done to date - regas (was empty), change Combined Pressure+Temperature Sensor, regas, reset codes and no change to fault ... Aircon still inop. However, I did have another fault when I had the original regas (B1269 A/C Bus Communication Fault with AAC Multifunction Sensor = P), which has cleared.
One curiosity that I hope is not related is an electrical connector on the drivers side under the bonnet close to the bulkhead behind the Brake Master Cylinder that is hanging down disconnected. I don't know what it is for, but it looks like a 2-pin connector (male) and only looks long enough to reach to the back of the Brake Master Cylinder ... there is what looks like a matching socket there on the back of the Brake MAster Cylinder that has a plastic cap fitted over it. I have presumed this to be for a system that is not fitted to my car, ie, a surplus wire in a standard loom for an option not fitted.
My car aslo has air conditioned seats where the blue lights activate when I select seat cooling to 'on', but only ambient air comes through the seats.
So, based upon the above, what do you think the fault is and what do I need to do to fix it?
My closest Mercedes is 35 miles away in Salisbury and I am reluctant to go all that way for diagnostics at their labour rates.
Ok the seats do not blow cool air. They simply are little fans. So it will be ambient air.
As for the plug it could be for a option you do not have. I am in USA and we do not use those terms for off side sorry. As for the Sam, a scanner has to be used and a "quick test" done to see if any other modules have faults with the Sam "can communication " , if it's just the ac then a programming may need done. This will be near impossible for me to answer without knowing more codes in other modules. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks for your effort - as you are opting out, will a-another automatically take up the challenge?
Oh, by the way, you are wrong about my seats simply having fans that blow ambient air ... my seats are indeed air conditioned, but no longer blow cold air - 'cos the aircon does not work.
Lol. I am. It wrong. There is no air conditioning in the seats. I promise you. There are 4 fans. I will opt out. I'm sure another will be along. Marty is quite good also. Take care