Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My low beam driver side on my E500 malfunction can you

Customer Question

My low beam driver side on my E500 malfunction can you please help
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Do you have a Mercedes scan tool ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir
Ok that would have made this 1000 times easier. Then here is what you will need.
A ohm meter and also is yours xenon or standard lamps ? The two pin lamps ?
Assuming you have the standard lamps with the 2 prong bulb. Use the meter and ohm from one Pin of the connector to each of the 4 wires on the 4 pin connector for the headlight assembly. Whichever one has continuity with the pin 2 (yellow wire black stripe) is power. Whichever pin of the headlight bulb connector had continuity with pin 1 (brown wire ) of the headlight assembly connector is ground. If continuity is good on both those wires then the drivers side SAM control module is the fault. The power is supplied via the control module. The Sam is part of the fuse box on the drivers side of the engine bay. You cannot test for power because if the Sam didn't see resist nave due to the connection being unplugged it will not send power so a power test is inconclusive. That's why I asked about a sds. The Mercedes scanner can activate power. So if the module says power is activated yet there is non on the wire then the Sam is for sure a goner. Hope this information helps. If you need ANYTHING please let me know , Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have The HID
Ok , that just made it near impossible for you to test. Let me see if there is something you can do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took the car to the technician, they plugged the bulb in the right side and it worked
Correct this I understand. That is the first thing we do also. So the issue is going to be your headlight module. Headlight assembly. The connections are the same left and right for the headlight assemblies. What we do in the shop besides the scanner is plug the complete lamp into the opposite side. If it works then the issue is the Sam module. If it does. It work then the issue is the headlight assembly. So the front bumper will have to be remove to get the assemblies out and then swap the complete assemblies left to right and vice versa and plug in to see if the issue stays with the same lamp housing. It's tedious but this is the only way to test the hid style without a scan tool and the way we even double check WITH a scan tool. Let me know if this makes sense. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is the headlight assembly
I do not have access to that currently , I would need your vin and I can check in the morning. eBay is your best bet. Here is a link for removing the front bumper , it's for a cls but the process is identical
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/5fzwdvab99gf0
Let me know if this helps. Get me the vin and I can get you the price tomorrow. Or at least the part number for you to search. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's my balance
Balance for what ? The site ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir
Oh it's 498$...... Just kidding !! It looks like you set your fee for 38$ , the fee is not literally PER question , it's per chat. So it's only one charge no worries. Even if you return tomorrow it's no extra as long as you reply to this chat. I will continue to help as long scottautomotive you need me with this issue Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, if you have any questions about how this works let me know. Buts it's pretty much what the site shows. YOU set your fee , ask away , we reply , when your satisfied you rate us , the expert gets paid, and you close the question if you feel your satisfied but can always return if needed.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.