Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My top is almost in complete up and closed position but

Customer Question

My top is almost in complete up and closed position but truck lid lacs a 1/2 inch closing to complete operation
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This can be due to a fault with a micro switch that sends a signal to the roof computer on what position the roof is at.If it is sending an incorrect or no signal at all this will occur and is fairly common as well as a component with the roof system being bent or out of range needing replaced.This will need to be inspected further to locate the cause of the fault and from there repaired.This may require a dealers sds machine or compatible scan tool to check this to locate the cause.
Thanks Pete