MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

The radio in my 2010 c300 makes a popping sound when I turn

Customer Question

the radio in my 2010 c300 makes a popping sound when I turn it on. Sometimes when I start the car it works, but if i have to turn the car off and restart it goes back to making the popping sound.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. How often is the popping sound and can you hear it from one speaker or all speakers ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Most times when I turn on the radio, and it's all speakers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the morning when I first start the car, the sound will be fine. Then if I have to stop somewhere and then restart the car then the popping sound returns
OK do you have a phone hooked up via Bluetooth ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do.
Ok. Disable the Bluetooth connection and see if the radio still makes the popping noise. Easiest way is just to turn the Bluetooth setting on your phone to OFF. Let me know if that changes anything.