Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2009 Mercedes Benz c300 with only 12,000 miles on the

Customer Question

2009 Mercedes Benz c300 with only 12,000 miles on the vehicle. The driver side door handle became inoperable. It was determined by the local dealer that one can not buy the handle, you must have the whole door assembly mechanism installed for $1090.00 plus tax . I objected that a handle with only 12,000 miles regardless of the 50,000 mile and/or 4 year warranty SHOULD NOT HAVE BROKEN. This is a $42,000 QUALITY car for heaven sakes!! I discussed with customer service and both the dealer and M/B were willing to reduce the replacement cost to &700.00 plus! I appreciate the offer, but I think corporate M/B should reimburse the dealer as a warranty item, again the inside handle should NOT HAVE FAILED at this low mileage. I want to remain a M/B customer, but I simply can not afford this treatment. There was no accident nor abuse involved. IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
I am showing that the outer door handle is available by itself, but would need your 17 digit vin number to verify this.