Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I just bought a 1983 Mercedes SEL and am attempting to

Customer Question

I just bought a 1983 Mercedes SEL and am attempting to tune/check it up.
I have run across the following issues. The fan, horn and brake lights were not working. I replaced all of the fuses because they looked faded and old. (ceramic) and that fixed the horn but the one for the fan keeps blowing out. It had a blue 16 A fuse. Do you think it needs a higher one or do I have electrical issue?
I replaced the bulbs and now have brake lights.
Also the left windows do not go down. Is there a relay switch somewhere to replace?
Sorry for the silly questions but first time trying my hand at fixing what I can myself.
As a widow I need to save where I can. :)
Thank you for any advice and or comments,
Ana
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ana, my name is***** it the fan inside the car that keeps blowing the fuse? Can you tell me which fuse number is *****? The numbers are stamped onto the fuse box. If the right side windows work the problem will not be a relay. Most likely you have a bad window switch or two bad window motors or a combination of both. Do you hear anything inside the front or rear door when you operate the window switches?