MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Good Mormont I have a problem with my GLK 2010. The door

Customer Question

Good Mormont I have a problem with my GLK 2010. The door lock work properly The door light too but when i turn the ignition swith to star position he wont start and i have a message said remove the Key. Help me phrase.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
Did you try starting using another key?
did you try moving the shifter to N?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He wont start with my other key, the problem is the vehicule not recognise the key. I towed my car to the dealer and he found the socket for accept the key is in problem we need to replace this and reprogam the key.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
So this would be the electronic ignition switch faulty. They will need to replace it and re adapt (or program) the keys.
Do you need any more assistance, details, info or other regarding this or any other problem with your vehicle (or other vehicle if applicable)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank's !
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome!
I will report this question, so they close it.
Kindly, get back to me whenever further assistance is needed.
Regards,
Billy