Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 1999 C230 Compressor was hesitating on heavy

Customer Question

My 1999 C230 Compressor was hesitating on heavy acceleration, so on a hunch I changed the fuel filter. I also unbolted the air intake above the intake vale to see if there was any buildup. Nothing - looked very clean.
Today the check engine light came on with P0170 code. Not sure what I've done.
I have any ODBII device and give you more information from the readout if it helps.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Well first off make sure the fuel filter is installed correctly. There is a arrow on the filter to indicate which way the fuel flows. I believe your filter only has two fittings one in and one out. Also the code you have is usually caused by a air leak or vacuum leak. So spray some carb cleaner or brake cleaner around the engine intake while it's running and listen for a change in rpm. Locate that area that makes the rpm change and you will find your vacuum leak. Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need more info I will do my best to help. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.