Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Door locks, power mirrors,trunk lid latch and glove box quit

Customer Question

door locks, power mirrors,trunk lid latch and glove box quit working on 99 Mercedes s320, how do I trouble shoot it. I have already check fuses. thanks ronnie
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ronnie, do the locks work when you turn the key in the door lock cylinder? Do they work when using the switch on the console? What doesn't work on the mirrors? Just the glass adjustment? Do the mirrors still fold in and out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no just the dr side and console will not work. the mirrors will not move.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marty, only the key will work dr door. The console switches will not work doors or mirrors.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the door lock problem sounds like a bad PSE module. The PSE is located under the passenger side rear seat cushion. It is the vacuum pump for the locks. The mirrors have to be a different problem. If both mirrors are not working either the mirror switch is bad or the module for the mirror control is bad or there is no power to the module. I know you said you checked the fuses but I would check them again. Fuse 3 and 11 in the trunk fuse box are for the PSE and fuse 21 and 30 in the front fuse box are for the mirrors. If all of the fuses are good and have power I'd say that the PSE is bad and the mirror switch is bad.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty