Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty, have a 1987 560 sel the has a charged battery hooked

Customer Question

Hi Marty, have a 1987 560 sel the has a charged battery hooked up tightly but absolutely no power to whole car?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I replied to you on this problem the other day but it looks like you never received my reply.
If nothing in the car has power, not even the headlights or the hazard flashers, there has to be a problem with the battery or the cable connections. You need to check the voltage at the battery with a voltmeter. Either the battery has not taken the charge or there is a poor connection at the positive or negative battery either at the battery terminals or at the other end of each cable. That is the only possibility if every single thing in the car is without power.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** are no "master fuses" or voltage regulators I have a bad cable.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Correct, there are no master fuses. Power goes from the positive cable then to the starter then up from the starter to a junction block where it branches off to other parts of the car. Check the positive cable to the starter and make sure that the cable that comes from the starter and goes to the junction block is secure. Copy and paste the link below for a picture of the junction block which I outlined in green. You should have battery voltage at all of the cables in the block.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2275o2tbn4esu2m/82076180.gif
Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to click on a rating for my service in order to credit me for my help.
Marty