Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Mercedes Sprinter 2010 low beam headlight out. Checked bulb

Customer Question

Mercedes Sprinter 2010 low beam headlight out. Checked bulb and fuse, what's next?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. How did you check the bulb ? And is there actual power at the socket or fuse ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no power at socket - not sure about fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shade tree mechanic thinks it may be the SAM.
Ok the fuse box under the drivers dash should have a fuse for it but is also the control module for the lights. It's not called a sam on the sprinters. I'll look over a diagram and see what I can help you test if anything.
Can you get me your vin please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WDAPF4CA0A9441829
Ok thanks. Give me some time as sprinter info is not easily navigated.
I am currently researching. The sprinter site was having issues my apologies. Be back momentarily
Also your vehicle has a open recall which is called a campaign. They are similar to recalls as the dealer takes care of these at no charge. The campaign number is(###) ###-####I don't have much info on it currently though. The bulletin won't load.
Also it is the left side or right side headlight. This model does have a Sam. On the right headlamp the yellow wire with the red stripe is the power wire for the low beam. On the left lamp the yellow wire with the black stripe is the power wire. Not sure that side has the issue. So check for power at the connectors on those pins. If no peer is present then the Sam is the issue. The bad part is that if you have the bulb or connector disconnected then the Sam will actually kill power so in the shop we use the scanner to activate the low beam and then test the circuit. So I'm not 100% sure how you can test without a scan tool. My apologies for taking so long. I was at the mercy of the glorious sprinter database. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.