Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2003 Cl600 V12 Twin Turbo. I changed my Crank Shaft Position

Customer Question

2003 Cl600 V12 Twin Turbo. Hi, I changed my Crank Shaft Position Sensor. In the process I found my vacuum line cracked. There is a black rectangle box just under the intake manifold that has two vacuum lines going to it. I have pictures. I had to use an
endoscope camera and found the plastic broken off in the rubber hose clamped to the black box. I've already taken out the turbo intercoolers. Do I take the intake manifold out now or..?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** you asking what order to disassemble the engine in to access the box? I have not personally had to dig this deep in a v12 but can assist if you need factory instructions ? Let me know how you want to proceed. The pictures you have supplied are excellent by the way.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lou, Well... I want to be successful. I'm unafraid of anything mechanical and I would always reach out to seek the knowledge but in this case I don't even know what that is called and I cant find anything on it.. I believe it to be a vacuum source but I'm not sure. My thought was to not be stupid and take it all apart only to have someone such as yourself say.. oh no.. you don't do it like that :) So yes I'm willing to take the intake out and what ever else to get it right if your willing to guide me. Thanks, Mike
Ok mike great info. I will try and gather up some documents for you and make sure it's something you will be able to do yourself and I will not mislead you. I will be back a little later this afternoon. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like if I can get the fuel rail off I might have access..? (added a Picture off internet)
Sorry for the delay. I will be able to send you some info later today. If you need something sooner I can opt out and see if another expert can help.
sorry for the delay , here are two links. It should be what you need. I cannot find that part in the information. Hope this information helps.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/n576b8nf590bisy
http://www.mediafire.com/view/eig508ed0hci305
Let me know if this helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please take no offense but perhaps opt out..? I think the purpose is to have a "Been there" perspective. Would like to validate that I have to take the entire intake out to get to that hose. Additional documentation..? I can view what you presented online (for free) with the link below. Perhaps I should have bought the manual to wing it.There are quite a few steps before you can take the intake out, each with its own procedure number.1Remove intercooler AR09.41-P-6817HH
2 Remove ECI power pack AR15.15-P-2093H
3 Remove purge line (1) on bracket (2) of ECI *BA15.15-P-1005-01A
power pack and take hose (3) off checkvalve (71)
4 Remove bracket (2) of the ECI power pack *BA15.15-P-1004-01A
5 Remove the throttle valve actuator (M16/6) AR30.20-P-1262H
6 Unscrew screws (4) from cable channel (5) *BA09.41-P-1005-01G
8 Remove the filler neck (9) and water pipe *BA09.41-P-1002-01G
(10) with bracket (11)
19 Place electrical wiring harness to the side.
20 Remove bracket (12) on the right hand side *BA01.30-P-1005-01G
21 Remove fuel feed line (13) from fuel distribution rail (14) *BA07.52-P-1002-01E
22 Remove bracket (15) on left hand side *BA01.30-P-1005-01G
23 Remove fuel distribution rail (14) with fuel Check O-rings on fuel injectors for
injectors and lift off charge air manifold (6) damage. Replace a fuel injector if O-ring is faulty.
Installation: before installing fuel distributor rail (14), lubricate O-rings on fuel injection valves. *BA07.52-P-1003-01ECan I get the part number for the vacuum line and Intake Gasket...?http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedesbenz/cl_600_(215.376)/v12-5.5l_turbo_(275.950)/engine_cooling_and_exhaust/engine/intake_manifold/component_information/specifications/page_3039/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a vacuum Tank...! All the way from Japan I found the document.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is what i did. Rather than risk the take apart ( meaning you might break a bolt or drop something :) ) I found a tank on ebay and will connect the lines to it mounted somewhere close. For those out there that may need, the part number is ***** The call it a Dashpot:( vacuum tank) .