Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My 2001 clk320 had a power draw from the battery,sitting the

Customer Question

my 2001 clk320 had a power draw from the battery,sitting the car for 3 days over the battery will go dead.I perform a draw test on every single fuse,nothing positive show up.please help.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you explain to me the draw measurement your car had and the steps taken to find the draw ? A draw test on a Benz is quite tedious and special steps must be taken.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car stop for 20 min. the draw from the neg. ter. is 433omp.trunk light was disable by remove fuse.
Ok the doors and hood and trunk latches must all be closed and latched , and the door switches must be pressed in with tape or I use a wedge from the door latch down to the switch. Then lock the car and wait 30 minutes and check. Most times in these cars it's a seat module or radio or amplifier. Try testing that way. Without the car locked the can will stay awake.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks ***** will follow your step to check.By the way how do I get to ask follow-up questions with you in the near future ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you write, Without the car locked the can will stay awake.sorry what do you meant can will stay awake ? tq.
Ok first you can always reach me just like now. Just respond to this chat. No worries I will always reply back.
The control modules operate on a communication system called CAN DATA BUS. The CAN stays awake for 30 minutes looking for any interior activations like door handles and switches to know what module to WAKE UP to perform the functions. So yes the car literally needs to sleep. You can actually see this with the meter.