Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2004 CLK 320 Conv. Drivers side automatic seat belt extender

Customer Question

2004 CLK 320 Conv. Drivers side automatic seat belt extender not working. Is there a fuse for that?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the seat belt extenders are controlled by the soft top control module. Fuse 28, 32 and 33 located in the interior fuse box at the end of the driver's side dash are the fuses for the module. If all fuses are good you most likely need to replace the driver's side seat belt extender assembly. I would recommend a diagnostic scan of the soft top control module to check for fault codes in the system before replacing the extender. Also make sure that the door jamb switch for the driver's door is good. The switch is what signals to the module to extend the seat belt.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for my help.
Marty