Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2001 C240 Mercedes. I took my boyfriend to the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 C240 Mercedes. I took my boyfriend to the airport with his surfboard which would only fit in the car with both rear windows rolled down. After I dropped him off I went to roll up the rear windows but now the left is stuck down. It sounds like it is odd a track or something .
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** you can hear the window motor in the door working when you operate the switch the problem will be a faulty window lifter. The Mercedes uses a cable driven window lifter. It is very common for the cable to come off and cause this problem. The lifter cannot be repaired it will need to be replaced. Estimated cost is $167 for the part and about 2 hours labor to replace the lifter.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please don't forget to click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for my help.
Marty