Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Where is the fuse or relay on a 2009 Mercedes gl550.?

Customer Question

Hi where is the fuse or relay on a 2009 Mercedes gl550. ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Which fuse or relay are you looking for?

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The fuse is a 100 amp fuse located inside the PREFUSE box which is part of the jump start terminal in the engine bay. You will have to remove the box and replace it I am not 100% sure those fuses inside are replaceable most times they are not.
But inside there you will find the fuse. There is no relay because the fan module is its own internally controlled module. So if you have no power on the big red wire then the fuse has popped. If you have power then the new fan may be faulty if it's not from Mercedes. I have seen new fans fail right out of the box. Let me know. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
Did you find my information helpful ? I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.