Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty: Thanks to JustAnswer. What's your name? And what is

Customer Question

Marty: Hi, I'm Marty. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. What's your name? And what is your issue regarding? Customer: sl500 wont start after locking with the door key Marty: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue? Customer: dash board light come on but engine don't crank Marty: OK got it. Last thing -- Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). But there are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit? Customer: ok I will wait Marty: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SL500 2004 I open the door with the key when I turn on the ignition the dashboard lights come on tbut the engine don t crank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I chat with somebody
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it has something to do with the alarm its blocking the engine to start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am stuck in the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I epect someone to help me out or I should move on I can wait 5 min more max
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** for the wait last night. I am in Florida and had already turned in for the night when you posted your question.
This is not an alarm problem. The alarm does not disable the starter motor on this car. This sounds like either a bad starter battery under the hood or a weak battery in the trunk or a bad starter motor. There are numerous other possibilities for the starter not to crank the motor but those are the most common. The first thing that you should do is try a jump start on the battery under the hood and have the battery in the trunk tested. If that does not work you will need to get the car to the shop to have the starter circuit tested.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After not getting a response from you I ended up calling tow company. So I want full refund and I am completely disappointed form your service.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Once again I do apologize for the wait. As our terms of service state: The site is not intended or designed for EMERGENCY questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals.
I will submit this question for a full refund.
Marty