Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

E350 4Matic: Just over the last week or 2, I've notice my car

Customer Question

Just over the last week or 2, I've notice my car started to jerk and shake when getting below 20 MPH and jerk and shake when accelerating pass that. It's just rides a wobbly to me we reaching certain speeds. I don't mess around with shifting gears or drive in S mode, strictly E. I just bought this vehicle used CPO in the beginning of May 2015. It didn't start out doing this. I do live in the DC metro, so there is a lot of morning and afterwork traffic. I haven't had any issues up until now. I did have the dealer put brand new breaks and rotors on the vehicle before purchasing.
Would this be a transmission problem? Alignment? Torque Converter issue (something not catching)? I've read else where it might need some kind of software reset for the transmission? Please fill me if any of you had this issue an overcame it. All input would be helpful
Miles=25k
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would I transmission fluid change? I heard that might help. Next service is in 3400 miles
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you explain the shake a little better ? Is it a left and right kinda shake or a forward and back kinda shake ? And do you feel it in the steering wheel or brakes ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forward and back! A little bit of both wheel and brakes. I'm think it might be something with transmission. I just had new brakes and rotors put on car
Ok actually if you feel it in the wheels and the brakes it will be a bent rim or warped rotor. Best way to tell is drive the car , and go on a flat road with no traffic. Drive car and let it coast and throw the car into neutral and let it naturally slow down. If it does the same thing it's not the trans, if it does it without pressing the brakes , it's not the brakes and most likely a bent wheel. Can you try this ? Most times it's a bent wheel or Warped brake rotors and it really doesn't matter if they were just changed. It does not take much to warp a rotor. Let me know if this helps. I am here to help and will do my best. Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this out later! I just drove to work and it's feels like it's coming from the rear (like a slight rocking from side to side while driving) might need alignment I hope just only that.
Alignments will not cause that. Alignments Only affect tire wear. And a slight pull. But yes let me know. I will do my best to help. Those are steps I would take to diagnose your vehicle. Without the 200$ price tag lol. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.