Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Euro Specialist: , I'm Euro Specialist. Thanks

Customer Question

Euro Specialist: Hi, I'm Euro Specialist. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. What's your name? And what is your issue regarding? Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a1997 Mercedes E320. I believe the fuel pump is bad and need to replace it. Where is it located and are there any tricks I should know before I begin. Euro Specialist: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue? Customer: The vehicle will sometimes start, and the fuel pressure is 52. vehicle may run for a few seconds or a few minutes, then it dies and want start for several minutes Euro Specialist: OK got it. Last thing -- Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). But there are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit? Customer: vehicle is in my shop now, how long will I have to wait? Euro Specialist: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** fuel pump on the 97 E320 is located underneath the car on the driver's side just ahead of the rear axle. There is a plastic shroud covering the pump and fuel filter. Copy and paste the link below for a good DIY article with pictures for replacing the fuel filter. The fuel pump is right next to the filter. Replacement is very straightforward. Just make sure that you gently pinch off the fuel supply hose to the pump before disconnecting the lines. Make sure that the key is off when doing the repair.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Mercedes-Benz/11-FUEL-Fuel_Filter_Replacement/11-FUEL-Fuel_Filter_Replacement.htm
Let me know if you have any questions. Please be sure to click on a rating for my service in order to credit me for my help.
Marty