Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty, I have followed your advise and the car is in the

Customer Question

Marty, I have followed your advise and the car is in the hands of a Bosch auto repair shop. My next concern. When the car idles for a while it goes up and down on by itself. Why does it do this, and can it be fixed by resetting the software? Further, the
parking sensors do not work consistently and sometimes it goes to two red lights while driving without anything in front of the vehicle. This has never worked properly since a minor accident and some of the sensors were replaced and reset by the dealer. How
can this be fixed? More to follow, ***** *****
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeff, thank you once again for the rating and the bonus on the previous question.
Is the suspension raising up and down or is the engine idle raising up and down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The suspension is raising up and down. I believe it is something to do with the ABC. The engine idle is calm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marty,
The raising and lowering is an ABC issue. The idle is smooth and calm.
Any thoughts about the parking sensors?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeff, on your suspension problem there was a service bulletin to replace the front and rear body acceleration sensors to resolve this complaint. The sensors are part number 000 905 65 02. You will need 3 sensors. 2 in the front and 1 in the rear. They retail for $145 each.
On the parking sensors I'd start by inspecting the wiring to all of the sensors. Poor connections, dirty sensors, oversized front license plates or simply a bad sensor are the common problems.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the service bulletin the same as a recall? Do I have to pay for the parts and labor?
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the service bulletin is a customer pay item.