FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

GLK350: my 2013 GLK350 is making a "gulping" sound when stopped

Customer Question

my 2013 GLK350 is making a "gulping" sound when stopped at a stop light. Sounds like liquid being poured. I live in Florida and it's very hot here right now. Car is not over heating at all and AC is very cold.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. I would start by just making sure that the coolant level is full. If the coolant is low then this noise will occur due to air being trapped in the heater core. If it is full then the next possibility, and probably the most likely, is water in the a/c case from condensation due to the humidity. There is a drain that allows the water to exit but many times the water builds up and make this noise. As long as some of the water is leaking from the car you should be fine. Let me know if you need more help.