Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes ML320: 1998 ML 320 has a few problems

Customer Question

1998 ML 320 has a few problems
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** sounds like the transmission shift linkage was not adjusted properly when the transmission was installed. If the linkage rod is out of adjustment it may be barely getting into park position. A little adjustment of the rod to move the lever on the transmission more towards the park position should fix the problem. This will also cure your starting problem since there is an electrical contact in the transmission that must make contact when the car is in park otherwise the starter will not operate.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please don't forget to click on a rating for my service in order for the website to credit me for my help.
Marty