Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Ml320: 2003 ml320 with 173k miles. No audio is coming from

Customer Question

2003 ml320 with 173k miles. No audio is coming from radio or cd's. The panel turns on and I can select radio stations, but when I use the dial to turn up the sound, there is nothing. not even static. If this is a fuse issue, do you know the exact fuse number or description I'll need? Any other possible issues this could be related to? thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Most common to cause this fault here is the sound amplifier itself.This usually fails internally electronically and causes this issue requiring replacement.In some cases you can remove the amp or sound fuse for 5 minutes then reinstall it to correct this here but in other cases the amp. needs replaced.
Thanks Pete