Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

E320: on myservice screen came on the light BAS?ESP and ABS/SRS

Customer Question

on myservice screen came on the light BAS?ESP and ABS/SRS what does that mean sais see service garage
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****/ESP warning and the ABS warning are telling you that there is a fault in the Brake Assist System (BAS) and the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS). These faults all relate to your vehicle traction control system. The SRS warning is telling you that there is a fault in the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS). This fault relates to your vehicle air bag system. If all of the lights came on at the same time it usually means that there is a fault with the voltage supply to the modules for these systems. The battery and the alternator should be tested and the fault codes should be read in all of these systems.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty