Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mb S430 roof will not stay close or open. 2001.

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This fault here can be caused by a faulty micro switch/sensor that tells the control unit what position the roof is in.I have seen these switches fail in the past before and had to replace them for this fault.This will need checked/tested further usually requiring either a dealers sds machine or a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to locate which switch is the cause and to see if any other components are causing this fault here.
Thanks Pete