Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2007 mercedes with 80k, runs fine.Today i tried

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mercedes with 80k, runs fine.
Today i tried my remote and the red flash flashed on the remote but nothing on the car itself. Tried the extra remote, same thing.
So I used my little key to get into the car and the alarm went off and everything went into shut down mode. I couldn't even open the trunk.
I tried to start the car but the ignition wouldn't turn at that time. My panic buttons did nothing.
Then eventually the ignition turned but nothing happened, the engine didn't start or even crank. So it looks like I left my lights on overnight so my question is is it that simple (i.e. jump the battery) or do Mercedes go into 'lock down' mode where something has to be reset before it 'believes' I'm the rightful occupant of the car?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait. A simple jump start and test of the battery is all you will need. After taking care of the battery you will need to reset your windows and sunroof and you will need to initialize your steering angle sensor by starting the car and turning the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right a few times. To reset your windows just press gently on each switch until the window is all the way down and continue to hold the switch an additional 3 seconds then do the same in the up direction. On your sunroof just press and hold the switch to raise the back of the sunroof for 3 seconds.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks..what do i do to get my stupid panic buttons to actually work? neither key works

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
When the battery is fully charged all you need to do is press and hold the panic button. You probably need to hold it for at least 3 seconds to activate the alarm.