Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Gl 450: I purchased a 2008 mercedes GL450 yesterday. It was

Customer Question

I purchased a 2008 mercedes GL450 yesterday. It was outside overnight, AM temp was 57 and when I started it up it had this loud whining noise for most of my*****to work up the street. Should I take it to a Mercedes dealer and have them do a thorough through check?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** would definitely recommend getting the car inspected. Diagnosing a whining noise over the internet can be difficult. A whining noise associated with cold weather usually comes from the power steering. I would suggest that you get the car to the dealer to have the fluid level checked in the power steering and have all of the other fluids checked as well. They should also check the belts and pulleys for any bearing nosies. The dealer may need to keep the car overnight in order to duplicate the noise.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty