Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

2001 mercedes cl 500....dash display is reading "dash

Customer Question

2001 mercedes cl 500....dash display is reading "dash display defective...only the fuel gauge is working
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you will need to check fuse 20, 21 and 22 in the main fuse box under the hood on the driver's side. I would remove all three fuses and inspect them. If the fuses are good leave them out for 20 minutes then reinsert them and see if the instrument cluster resets. If you have no success you will need to have the instrument cluster replaced. Mercedes issued a recall on these instrument clusters for a defective display. You will need to call your local dealer and see if your vin number falls under the recall and if the recall was ever performed. If you are eligible for a replacement instrument cluster they will replace it at no charge.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty