Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Why is one of my parking /standing lamps in my Mercedes gl

Customer Question

Why is one of my parking /standing lamps in my Mercedes gl not going off
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just realized had a small spill of water in the back passager floor 8 hours ago. Floor mat is still a bit wet, not sure if that matters? Will be car battery die if this light stays on all night?
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Hello sorry for delay. I had to wait for the lock to expire for your other request. Yes. The spill caused the issue. That is the first question I was going to ask
There is a control module called a SAM and it's located just under the passenger seat under the vent on the floor and it controls all the lights. The module will have to be replaced. If your lucky you can remove it and clean it with contact cleaner. Here is a link to access it. Also yes it will kill the battery. Best bet is to unhook the negative cable.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/33sol2vy4vwyxc0
http://www.mediafire.com/view/idr9druru6ji7lo
That is the instructions to remove the battery. The module is just to the right of it. See the links. The picture is as if you were standing out side the passenger door looking in. The seat does not have to be removed. Just moved up and forward. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
Did you find my info helpful?
No problem on the tip. You did not have to start another question. If you could rate this one for me that would be great and I'll explain a little more about the module