Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes clk 320 cabroilet: 2000 mercedes clk 320 convertible

Customer Question

2000 mercedes clk 320 convertible top stopped working,switch flashes,windows go down when i attempt to open it.checked fuses all fine.also trunk wont open,back of roof wont latch completely,why?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
What usually fails and causes this issue here is one of the roof position sensor/micro switches themselves.One is most likely sending an incorrect signal causing this issue needing replaced.This is very common.
The fault codes will need checked using either a dealers sds machine or scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle then from there diagnosed to locate and repair the faulty position sensor/switch.The scan tool or sds machine is also used to monitor the sensors to see which is needing replaced.
Thanks Pete