Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

C300: My anti-theft system want reset

Customer Question

My anti-theft system want reset
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component to fail and can cause this fault here is the key itself.It can fail to send the correct signal to allow the engine to start which in turn will set off the theft system.Even if the key light is lighting up it may be sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.This will need checked further having the fault codes checked first with a scan tool or dealers sds machine to help locate the fault.
Thanks Pete