Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

When i go thru car wash, water from windshield drains into

Customer Question

when i go thru car wash, water from windshield drains into engine and triggers the blower to go on. Now my a/c blower doesn't work. Fuse is fine. 1995 C280 6 cyclinder
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what can I help you with on this? Are you looking for instructions to replace the blower motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to figure out how to correct the problem with the water draining into the engine.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like the cover for the blower motor may not be fitted correctly or the housing is cracked. The blower motor and blower regulator are mounted underneath the windshield wiper system. You are going to need to remove the wiper system and inspect the blower motor and blower motor housing. I'm assuming that water is leaking down into the blower regulator underneath the motor and shorting it out causing the blower to come on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will check it out.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You're quite welcome.
Marty