Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Gl 450 4 matic: how to reset the service warning on 2011 GL

Customer Question

how to reset the service warning on 2011 GL 450 - 4matic (using "R" button is not working for my car; or "OK" button on the left side of the wheel is located on radio/monitor control console, "OK" button is "Mute" button) - ???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** attached the workshop procedure for resetting the service reminder below. Just copy and paste the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/dpeuj4dgw45y5ge/Mercedes_Reset_Service_Indicator_M_GL_R_class%282%29.pdf
Let me know if you are successful.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Marty, i press (3 times) illumination button as the directions says - since it didn't specified exactly which one - i have left and right one button, and in the middle is reset button, (i press first right one "UP" - nothing was happening, after no results, i tray with left one "DOWN") , again no results. ???
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
You want to press the button in the middle of the instrument cluster 3 times quickly. The vehicle mileage must be displayed before pressing the button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marty, as i stated in the begging "(using "R" button is not working for my car; or "OK" button on the left side of the wheel is located on radio/monitor control console, "OK" button is "Mute" button)" - if this was working i will be OK, and i wouldn't need to contact for help - ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On your original instructions states illumination button - 3. Press cluster illumination button (1) 3 times in short succession.:Models 164, X164 and 251 (M-Class, GL-Class, and R-Class) Reset Service Indicator 1. Insert key into ignition, switch to position “1“. 2. Press buttons or repeatedly until the mileage is displayed within the Multifunction display. 3. Press cluster illumination button (1) 3 times in short succession. The battery voltage will be displayed 4. Press the up / buttons until the service menu appears. 5. Use the and buttons to select menu option “Confirm“. 6. Press button until “Complete Service” is selected. 7. Confirm “Complete Service” with button . The display will show “Service Confirmed”.As i told you this is not working.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, was the vehicle mileage displayed before you pressed the button 3 times? Copy and paste the link below for a video of the procedure. Let me know if this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhEpmsBOVHE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, about 1/2 hour ago I excepted request to talk to you and i gave you my number, because i don't want to waste your and my time, and you are repeating questions which i have explained on the beginning when i contacted you.
However you didn't call me, and you are repeating same procedure again.
I have watched this video on yutube, prior to contacting you, i tried "R" button before i have asked for your help, and i clearly explained on my first communication with you, including that my "OK" button is located on the control console, next to radio, and that my vehicle on the left side of the steering wheel, where is supposed to be "OK" button, has a "mute" button.
I believe that you didn't address my request with full attention, or you are not familiar with this model of MB.
If it was easy i would be able to get it from youtube from the beginning, but i think is pretty unique MB, and at this time I appreciate you trying to help me, but it is not working and I have no time to repeat myself.
At this time I would like to try alternative solution, and i will be pleased if my card will not be charged, or credits are issued.
Thank you, Goran
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Goran, sorry for not replying sooner. I have church in the morning and spend time with the family after mass. I'll be glad to help you further with this and I have read through all of your replies. It sounds like you have a different model. Can you send me a picture of your steering wheel and one of your instrument cluster? If you send me your vin number I can make sure that I sent you the correct instructions.
Marty