Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

E350: VLJ37DS MY PASS WORD

Customer Question

VLJ37DS MY PASS WORD
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006 Mercedes benz e350 battery light on charging system ok, new batteries, scanner show no battery module comm., water was leaking in to trunk battery module conn. had corrosion cleaned it
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Your battery control module is most likely damaged needing replaced.It is located in the trunk where the water was found.I have had to replace this several times before for issues like this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will replacement module need to be programmed or is it plug and go ?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I believe it does need set up on this model here.On some it is plug and play,my info shows it plug and play on your vehicle but I recall having to set one of these up with a dealers sds machine before.
Thanks Pete