Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

R320 cdi: , 07 R320. MB replaced shift plate 3-4 months ago

Customer Question

Hi, 07 R320. MB replaced shift plate 3-4 months ago due to not shifting up and down properly. Its doing it again and they say its under powered from a boost sensor problem. It runs normal if we paddle shit. No smoke of lack of power. I call bs. Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin I totally agree sounds like absolute rubbish if the fault disappears when shifting manually they it's a gearbox fault and a boost sensor is very unlikely to cause a shifting problem . I'm also assuming it's the same fault that you had originally ? I would have car plugged in by another garage and see if any codes are listed in gearbox and then go back to mercedes as I think they are trying to Rigel out of paying for second repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
No worries please rate my service and come back if you need anything else at all
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Please rate my service