Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

190e: I have a Mercedes 1990 190e where the rubber grommet

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes 1990 190e where the rubber grommet has disintegrated due to the miles on it. I went to the dealer to get the grommet to find out they are plastic now. I bought two and want to install it and get the throttle working again. How do I install it properly?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't need a sales pitch just an answer to my question. If you can't do that please creidt my credit card for the $28.00 I just spent.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** for the wait I was driving home from work when you posted your question.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
The plastic bushing has a slot in it. Slide the cable into the bushing so that the socket of the bushing faces the ball at the end of the cable then install the cable into the linkage lever and slide the plastic bushing back into the linkage and snap it in place. Don't let the ball of the cable rest in the plastic bushing until you have snapped it into place.Let me know if you need further assistance. Please remember to click on a rating for my service when you are done.Marty