Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

How to remove and install starter battery 2007 mercedes benz

Customer Question

how to remove and install starter battery 2007 mercedes benz s550
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
The starter battery is located under the hood in the engine bay. Is this the battery you are indeed referring to as the starter battery ? It is in fact the starter battery I just want to make sure we are on the same page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Ok , it is fairly straight forward. There is a 10 mm nut on a stud that you remove and then pull the bracket up and off the stud. Then loosen the negative cable with a 13mm wrench and then the positive , and there also should be another hold down bracket on the bot***** *****p of the battery it should be 1 or 2 13mm bolts or nuts and a bracket that will come up. I will have to double check that but there's not much too it. Also make sure the key is off and you always remove the negative first. And install last. It reduces spark and damage to modules. And there is no setup afterwards. Plug and play so to say. I can also upload the factory instructions in the am if you would like those as well that is no problem let me know if this helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉