Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

How do I adjust my low beam headlights on my How do I adjust

Customer Question

How do I adjust my low beam headlights on my How do I adjust the low beam headlights on my E350 Benz?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Are you still needing assistance with the adjustment of the low beams ? I can absolutely help. Sorry for the delay. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, My low beams are too low and the dealer does not want to touch the job as the car had a small front end accident. One of the units had a broken mount and I made a small metal tab to make everything solid again. The dealer was so afraid to tuch it when a fog light was out that he had me take it to a collision shop for the lamp replacement.
oh wow, ok can you try something before we attempt to adjust, remove the back cover on the headlight assembly and grab the back of the headlight and see if the inside can wiggle up and down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to look again and see where I remove the back cover.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think a few pictures at this time would be as good as a thousand thousand words as I can hardly see the back of the assemblies as mounted.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/v5cy8s4lcc7ec82/211_headlight_rear_view.jpg
copy and paste that link, i circled the cover that needs to be removed and put a arrow to the headlight that i want you to see if it wiggles, hope this helps, if the inside wiggles that means that the adjustment motor linkage has broken and you will in fact need to replace the headlight assemblies. let me know what you find. Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have to get back to you when I get myself oriented with the picture.
ok no problem