Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

C280: I can not find the comfort control module in my Mercedes

Customer Question

I can not find the comfort control module in my Mercedes c280 it is not behind the battery wher is it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** 99 C280 does not use a comfort control module. What are you trying to repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Passenger window does not work and when I disconnect the battery it works for two days and stop working I check the fuses and they are ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Instead of the comfort module as in previous years they use individual modules in each door. Most likely this is just a bad door control module. Does anything else stop working when the window stops?
I can't call tonight but I can call you in the morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outside mirror stops working and the garage door opener stop working and sometime the driver window stop working until I disconnect the battery and everything works for two days
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
If other items stop working it gets more complicated. Everything communicates over a network. When an item on the network goes down it can cause other items to fail as well. Disconnecting the battery resets the network. You will need to disconnect the individual items instead of the battery cable to determine which item is causing the problem. All items can be disconnected at the X30/7 CAN bus connector under the passenger front door sill.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any diagrams
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
What sort of diagrams were you looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any diagrams for control module on passenger door where is the location and how to take the door panel off . And does the battery have to be disconnected so airbag does not activate . I sent this message two time I would like a answer thank you
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I can send you the instructions for removing the door panel to access the module. I'll also send you the location of the X30/7 connector. It would be better if you locate the connector and disconnect the wires for the module and the other network items at the connector rather than take the door apart. It's always a good idea to disconnect the negative battery cable when working with the air bag. You will need to accept the additional service agreement then I can send the instructions to your private email. Be sure to reply back with your email address after you accept the agreement.